• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Survivor Winners at War Season 40

I mean, personally I think "Old School" (Golden Age?) ends around Palau or Guatemala. (1-11) Over the two seasons we saw three concepts play tested and later incorporated - Exile Island, hidden Immunity Idols and one returning player per tribe. So of the players in the current season, Ethan, Sandra, Rob, Amber and Danni (5) would be "old school".

"Middle School" (Silver Age?) is tougher to pin down. I'd probably go Panama to Samoa. (12-19) It's a bit arbitrary, but here you had a lot of winners who put a premium on strategy and social game over physical prowess. And then in Samoa, Russell broke the game. In WaW, you've got Yul and Parvati, oddly enough from the same season, and Tyson (3).

"Middle School 2" (Bronze Age?) starts with Heroes vs Villains and ends with one of the Blood Vs Water seasons. I'll say San Juan del Sur (20-29). You had 6 seasons with at least 2 returning players, more than a few retired pro athletes, Jimmy Johnson and 2 transplants from The Amazing Race. From here you got Sophie, Kim, Denise, Tony, Sarah, Jeremy and Natalie (7).

And finally, there's "New School" (Modern Age?), going from World's Apart to IotI (30-39). Lots of hidden idols and a premium on BIG MOVE BIG MOVE BIG MOVE. Concepts that didn't appear to work or seemed to be born out of shenanigans. Lots of male winners (8-2). From here you have Michele, Adam, Ben, Wendell and Nick (5).

I dunno, does that seem to line up?
Yes. That is a good break down. And a lot of folks dont think highly of the new school/modern age winners. Will be interesting to see who make it to the end. How they all adapt.

I'm really liking this season so far.... I know, I know, only 2 episodes in, but I have high hopes.

I don't dislike EOE as much as most here. One of my gripes as a viewer is final tribals that end up being players I'm ehhh about because strong players were targeted early on. I mean, I get it, that's game play. But I kind of like the fact that with EOE they at least have to consider that the big threat they just voted out could be back.

I think the token twist has the potential to be interesting. I hope it ends up being more of an earned thing than a completely chance thing though. We'll see.

Since I'm late watching a lot of what I would have commented on has already been said. But I didn't see anyone mention Kim giving half of her idol to Sophie. Anyone have a clue what she was thinking? That makes no sense to me at all.

I'm really liking this season so far.... I know, I know, only 2 episodes in, but I have high hopes.

I don't dislike EOE as much as most here. One of my gripes as a viewer is final tribals that end up being players I'm ehhh about because strong players were targeted early on. I mean, I get it, that's game play. But I kind of like the fact that with EOE they at least have to consider that the big threat they just voted out could be back.

I think the token twist has the potential to be interesting. I hope it ends up being more of an earned thing than a completely chance thing though. We'll see.

Since I'm late watching a lot of what I would have commented on has already been said. But I didn't see anyone mention Kim giving half of her idol to Sophie. Anyone have a clue what she was thinking? That makes no sense to me at all.
Kind of like Denise wanting to give hers to Pavarti. I guess a keep your enemy close sort of thinking. But dumb. Was it Sarah who used similar shared knowledge to vote out someone (Siera) once.

Kim and Yul are the two winners that have probably been the most disconnected from the community, poker alliance notwithstanding. So it's possible that she's not that familiar with Sophie's game or her pre-existing relationships.

Kind of like Denise wanting to give hers to Pavarti. I guess a keep your enemy close sort of thinking. But dumb. Was it Sarah who used similar shared knowledge to vote out someone (Siera) once.

Siera had the legacy advantage and told Sara. It had to be given to someone if voted out and not used. Sara then got her voted out and Siera then gave it to Sara.

I didn’t see that coming last night and I’m kind of confused. They used to show who voted for who...did I miss that? Or did they stop showing that too? I really dislike that they’ve stopped showing, “previously, on Survivor,” at the beginning of each episode.

I didn’t see that coming last night and I’m kind of confused. They used to show who voted for who...did I miss that? Or did they stop showing that too? I really dislike that they’ve stopped showing, “previously, on Survivor,” at the beginning of each episode.
No there was no Hammer of Foreshadowing going on this ep. Maybe more Ethan confessionals than normal but nothing that made you go "huh". If I were to guess you look at Jeremy and Michelle mentioning how they needed to take control of the game, and while Parvati is dangerous, Ethan was an important ally to her, Rob and Adam, and they knew he didn't have an idol(?) so it was a low key good elimination.

So glad Sandra is “retiring”. Let’s see if she keeps her word.
She probably will. I think a lot of the cast weren't willing to come back unless it was an all-winners setup like we have. Besides which, if you're the only multi-time champion you probably want to maintain that status for as long as you can, and sometimes that means you get your hands dirty.

I was not happy he was my favorite. I don’t get why they won’t get rid of Rob.
Rob's social game is incredibly good, and obviously he has some good instincts, but on a returning player season you should really focus on the big threats. And there are no bigger threats than Rob, Sandra and Parvati.

My only thought is that they don't know what's going on at Extinction Island and they don't want Rob to gain any advantages while out there.

Since they have to show the voted off person going to EoE and greeting the others there, they don't have time to show who voted for who.

So I think that they were going for Parv but Adam made mistake of telling Ethan and Rob. So the new school folks were ticked and like 'oh no, Adam, can't be in control and play both sides'. So they didn't go for Parv and switched up to Ethan. Adam was trying to work with Rob and Ethan but not Parv. So best to keep her. And they kinda need Rob for winning the next IC. Plus they knew Rob wasn't buying what Adam was selling. So now Michele and Jeremy seem to be in power and Adam is now aware he isn't and Rob/Parv duo isn't either. I am kind of liking that (and I am an Adam fan but he is making big errors). I hated Michele's win on her season because she was never showed making any kind of strategy or moves. She is probably aware that a lot of folks feel she is one of the most unworthy winners, so she likely wants to show us all she can game. I hope it continues. And I always loved Jeremy. So I am down for what they are throwing.

No there was no Hammer of Foreshadowing going on this ep. Maybe more Ethan confessionals than normal but nothing that made you go "huh". If I were to guess you look at Jeremy and Michelle mentioning how they needed to take control of the game, and while Parvati is dangerous, Ethan was an important ally to her, Rob and Adam, and they knew he didn't have an idol(?) so it was a low key good elimination.

She probably will. I think a lot of the cast weren't willing to come back unless it was an all-winners setup like we have. Besides which, if you're the only multi-time champion you probably want to maintain that status for as long as you can, and sometimes that means you get your hands dirty.

Rob's social game is incredibly good, and obviously he has some good instincts, but on a returning player season you should really focus on the big threats. And there are no bigger threats than Rob, Sandra and Parvati.

My only thought is that they don't know what's going on at Extinction Island and they don't want Rob to gain any advantages while out there.
I do think EoE has something to do with why Rob/Parv/Sandra are being allowed to stay in the game. I think they are trying to wait for that to be done so they can send them out for good without chance of coming back. I wish they'd show them saying that. I am sure they have discussed such in their talking heads but show edits that out because they'd like us to continue thinking Rob/Sandra/Parv are just THAT good at the game.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter