Survivor Winners at War Season 40

Totally agree. They lived in that "snug" for -- what? -- six weeks? And season 40 never came up as a topic of conversation?

I do not know if Sandra was being honest, or playing the game, but she said she was mad at Rob because they had all that time together and he never said anything about season 40. If they do have an alliance, Sandra is in trouble because she was a prime instigator in Amber being voted out.

This when they play 2 challenges in one show. If they sat out the first one they can’t sit out the second one.
You cannot sit out two challenges in a row unless Jeff decides that you can.

Also, with a tribe swap coming up (and pretty much everyone expecting it) it was probably a moo(t) point.

Doesn't apply this season, but I've never understood why people go into Survivor without having prepared by learning to make fire, to catch fish, etc. It's just common sense.

Without flint and steel, your chances are not remotely 100% even if you know what you're doing. Often times the right things to make your apparatus aren't available and if it is damp or wet out your chances drop quite a bit. Besides, the contestants know that they're going to get fire at their first tribal council at the latest because often times the first reward is fire making materials.
As for fishing again, not the easiest thing to do with rudimentary equipment. And we don't really know how resource rich or poor the area is.

I am wondering if we are not seeing all of the challenges. They have not shown any of the award challenges. my guess is she is playing in those ones. I don't know for sure though.
I read they are doing other challenges not being shown because of the EoE footage taking up so much time.
Speaking of...did we really need to see that log challenge? Maybe a little less on that would have been better. But that was brutal, man. I would have cried after too (like a couple of them did). Yep, Nat, is killing it. Good on her but, dang, not what I want. I watched her on TAR with her twinnie and they got on my nerves so I am no fan of her.

Adam...that was a close one, dude. Curious, though, why that tribe chose the short folks to get the keys. And Pavarti sucked at it as did Denise. Then they left it up to Adam. But he got it done. And then puzzle god, Rob, beasted out that puzzle. Finally.

I will say, Rob, is the true monarch of Survivor. He can do all...Outwit (for sure....watching him do this is a thing of beauty), Outplay (he can swim, and heavy lift, toss balls, do puzzles...) and Outlast (he's made it to the end more than once). Sandra....man, she also has that Outwit down to a science. She said, last night, that she didn't care who went as long as it wasn't her. And she'd rather 2million dollars than getting revenge. YET, she managed to get the revenge, stay in the game on her way to that 2million AND keep the blame off herself. UH.MAY.HAY.ZINGGGG!!!! I bow to her. BUT, she cannot Outplay. Sucks at that and chooses to sit so as not to have a terrible outing and get herself on the chopping block.

As far as the comeback at the IC. It is suspected that the losing tribe purposely lost so they could oust Tyson.

And in the previews...we see Michele mention her ex being on the show (I won't say too much so as not to give away spoilers for next week) but a little googling and it seems she and Wendell quietly dated briefly. Interesting. Also, they are showing a bit much of Michele. Especially that convo with Rob about her undeserving win. Is it because she wins this thing? Makes it to F3? Or is she just trying to prove herself and playing more? Or are they trying to show her as playing more so we might see her last win as justified? Very curious to watch this play out. I am one who hated her win and thought she was a dud. But this go 'round she seems to be playing (though she fell for the god father's Outwitting cunning tricks). I am digging the story though and watching her!

Without flint and steel, your chances are not remotely 100% even if you know what you're doing. Often times the right things to make your apparatus aren't available and if it is damp or wet out your chances drop quite a bit.
When I was in middle school I did a school project on how pioneers started fires. It's not easy, but I was able to learn it with help from the old Foxfire books and scout handbooks -- as a child. I brought a cookie sheet to school to protect my desk and demonstrated it to the class. It was a different era.

As for dry materials, that's why people "back in the day" used to carry a tinderbox, which they kept filled with dry materials for starting fires. Not that that has anything to do with Survivor.
As for fishing again, not the easiest thing to do with rudimentary equipment. And we don't really know how resource rich or poor the area is.
Sure, it's hard, but -- if you were going to be on the show -- why wouldn't you go to the trouble to learn these things?

I can't believe they just let Sandra sit out so much.
Well it's not like they don't know what Sandra brings to the table in challenges... which apart from puzzles is basically nothing.

BTW anyone else think that the "Island of the Idols" area is on the other side of the EoE island?

Well it's not like they don't know what Sandra brings to the table in challenges... which apart from puzzles is basically nothing.

BTW anyone else think that the "Island of the Idols" area is on the other side of the EoE island?
I always figured that it was the same island.

This was new, but I think they rotate between 3-4 sites in that area so that it's not the exact same location each season. It's probably the same EoE as last time, but that season most probably had campsites where they could not see it at all.

I'd have to go back and rewatch - but someone on Rob's tribe talked about seeing the statue of him. So at some point the regular group saw those. It could have been when they were boating to their sites or somethingm but I bet its on the same island that they are.

When I was in middle school I did a school project on how pioneers started fires. It's not easy, but I was able to learn it with help from the old Foxfire books and scout handbooks -- as a child. I brought a cookie sheet to school to protect my desk and demonstrated it to the class. It was a different era.

As for dry materials, that's why people "back in the day" used to carry a tinderbox, which they kept filled with dry materials for starting fires. Not that that has anything to do with Survivor.
Sure, it's hard, but -- if you were going to be on the show -- why wouldn't you go to the trouble to learn these things?
Even with equipment to start one, if you have a bunch of wet fuel, it's difficult to start and keep one going. It always works in western movies. Even the bad guys always easily start one. Never mind that the last thing the bad guys on the run would want to do is start a fire and give away their position. And on survivor, given you get fire either through winning the first challenge or through carrying it back from council, you get fire fairly quickly.

I heard the statues were gone by the they started taping but they were there when they were on the island before the game started. When they were doing pre game interviews and that is where they saw them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter