• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Survivor Winners at War Season 40

Yeah Adam is really not playing Rob correctly. And by the look on his face at tribal council he realized he screwed that up. Interesting that Michelle and Jeremy didn't target Rob. I understand Adam's attempt to work with Rob and keep around a bigger target - even I don't think it would work. But for Michelle/Jeremy why not pick Rob instead of Ethan?

To be fair - I love every episode with Rob in it, he makes for good tv - so does Tony - he's fun to watch. But if both Rob and Parvati make the merge that's just insane.

I do think EoE has something to do with why Rob/Parv/Sandra are being allowed to stay in the game. I think they are trying to wait for that to be done so they can send them out for good without chance of coming back. I wish they'd show them saying that. I am sure they have discussed such in their talking heads but show edits that out because they'd like us to continue thinking Rob/Sandra/Parv are just THAT good at the game.
It's probable that they don't want to send Rob and Parv there for that reason, but at this point Sandra is not gonna be able to do a lot on EoE. Nat has been doing really well out there (unsurprising) and it's just going to get harder to get the advantages as more people get sent over.

It's probable that they don't want to send Rob and Parv there for that reason, but at this point Sandra is not gonna be able to do a lot on EoE. Nat has been doing really well out there (unsurprising) and it's just going to get harder to get the advantages as more people get sent over.
Yeah, if that tribe would lose IC again I bet Sandra would be a goner. But I don't see them losing. They have a stacked team as far as competition goes.

Yeah Adam is really not playing Rob correctly. And by the look on his face at tribal council he realized he screwed that up. Interesting that Michelle and Jeremy didn't target Rob. I understand Adam's attempt to work with Rob and keep around a bigger target - even I don't think it would work. But for Michelle/Jeremy why not pick Rob instead of Ethan?

To be fair - I love every episode with Rob in it, he makes for good tv - so does Tony - he's fun to watch. But if both Rob and Parvati make the merge that's just insane.
Would be kind of interesting if they don't do a tribe swap. Just do 5 more TCs and then merge.

I am not convinced that when Rob and Sandra were on Idols last season they did not make some sort of alliance to work together somewhere down the road.
When Sandra got off the boat her reaction to Rob "not telling her he was playing" was a little too suspicious sounding. Did she tell him??
To me it was an act. I bet they are somehow working together.

There are most assuredly pre-game alliances made when it comes to a returning player season. Don't forget that a lot of these people are friends IRL. So if Rob and Sandra made some sort of an agreement in the course of living on an island (and presumably getting in game shape), I would not be surprised in the least.

So when do they start playing the coins? Seems like the players that found the idols they had to share should have "sold" the other piece.

So when do they start playing the coins? Seems like the players that found the idols they had to share should have "sold" the other piece.
Ooohhh....brilliant. They should have. But Denise said, in last night's epi, that Adam gave her back the half and she had a whole idol in her possession. So did they only have to give the half for someone to hold and know about it, someone they trusted to give it back to them to be whole and usable by the finder. So 2 people don't get to use like that one Tai had with the jerky bros (the season Michele won).???? It's unclear. But if 2 people are safe with it, then Denise, for sure, should sell it for a token.

Yes, thank you that was him. I really enjoyed his season and thought he played a great game.
To be honest he didn't play that great. Made a lot of mistakes leading to his being on the outs with his alliance. He won in part because he went on an immunity run, but he had a strong social game which is always an asset at final tribal.

Also I think Probst had a giant man crush on him. But that's neither here nor there.

Wow. I finally remembered to watch, and when I came here to get all your thoughts, the thread was buried on page 4! Here are my thoughts (warning there may be accidental spoilers):

- GREAT Edge of Extinction challenge. It developed into it's own nice little story.
- Very good Immunity Challenge. I love comebacks.
- I've missed some shows, so I'm not up to speed on the relationship dynamics, but the post IC discussions were a little boring. Even I saw that "blindside" coming.
- I don't think I watched the season with the person who was voted off, but he/she seems like an interesting player. There is a good group at Edge of Extinction now. I'm not a fan of second lives, but I do find myself rooting for them.

- Natalie is killing it on EoE right now.
- Also on EoE: Worst team building exercise ever.
- Once again we see how good Boston Rob is at the social game. That casual conversation with Michelle was likely representative of how he talks with the rest of the tribe, because that turn on Adam seemed to come super quick.
- Tyson figured out the "outsider" alliance but I get the feeling that everyone has an alliance with everyone else at this point (but they don't serve the story), and it's a matter of seeing which of your alliances is strongest.
- After last week's surprise elimination it was nice to see one that was pretty straightforward.

I'm surprised Tyson gave his fire token to Nick, that seems like bad gameplay.

Natalie is incredible - wish she wouldn't have gotten kicked off first.

Sandra is also incredible = she sits out every challenge and doesn't get any votes - she should be the flat out biggest target in the game and she's not, its amazing.

I agree that little clip of Rob talking to Michelle is pretty telling, lov ehim or hate him - dude knows how to get along with people and play this game. And last night his talent for puzzles showed back up. Made the challenge a lot of fun to watch.

And there are no bigger threats than Rob, Sandra and Parvati.
Yes, I don't understand why the groups didn't vote them out #s one, two and three. Well, okay, that would've been impossible -- but I mean, why they didn't vote them out as soon as possible.
I am not convinced that when Rob and Sandra were on Idols last season they did not make some sort of alliance to work together somewhere down the road.
Totally agree. They lived in that "snug" for -- what? -- six weeks? And season 40 never came up as a topic of conversation?
There are most assuredly pre-game alliances made when it comes to a returning player season. Don't forget that a lot of these people are friends IRL. So if Rob and Sandra made some sort of an agreement in the course of living on an island (and presumably getting in game shape), I would not be surprised in the least.
Yes, that would've been an ideal opportunity for them to "get into game shape".

Doesn't apply this season, but I've never understood why people go into Survivor without having prepared by learning to make fire, to catch fish, etc. It's just common sense.

Doesn't apply this season, but I've never understood why people go into Survivor without having prepared by learning to make fire, to catch fish, etc. It's just common sense.
There was a point where the majority of the cast was plucked off of the streets of Los Angeles. I believe Cook Islands (Yul) and Fiji (Earl) were almost all "recruits". Obviously some of them became big fans, favourites and/or winner of the show. But those recruits would be cast, shown the recents seasons, then sent to whatever location they happened to be at. There was probably a point where the cast profiles would list which previous contestant a person's game would be similar to and 95% of the women said "Parvati".

(side note: Parvati is quite popular)

Even one of the most well-known Survivor podcasters, Rob Cesternino, was recruited to play Survivor (he was originally trying out for Big Brother).

I'm surprised Tyson gave his fire token to Nick, that seems like bad gameplay.

Natalie is incredible - wish she wouldn't have gotten kicked off first.

Sandra is also incredible = she sits out every challenge and doesn't get any votes - she should be the flat out biggest target in the game and she's not, its amazing.

I agree that little clip of Rob talking to Michelle is pretty telling, lov ehim or hate him - dude knows how to get along with people and play this game. And last night his talent for puzzles showed back up. Made the challenge a lot of fun to watch.

To the bolded--I am a bit confused about this. In the past, the same person couldn't sit out 2 challenges in a row. Isn't this like the second or third that Sandra has just sat on the bench and watched? Have the rules changed for this season??

To the bolded--I am a bit confused about this. In the past, the same person couldn't sit out 2 challenges in a row. Isn't this like the second or third that Sandra has just sat on the bench and watched? Have the rules changed for this season??

I am wondering if we are not seeing all of the challenges. They have not shown any of the award challenges. my guess is she is playing in those ones. I don't know for sure though.

This when they play 2 challenges in one show. If they sat out the first one they can’t sit out the second one.

I am wondering if we are not seeing all of the challenges. They have not shown any of the award challenges. my guess is she is playing in those ones. I don't know for sure though.
They have been getting rewards. Last week it was chicken kabobs, this week was chickens. It’s just done in one challenge with immunity

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter