To Infinity and Beyond - Becoming a Better DopeyBadger (Comments Welcome)

Hmm... seems as if we might have another Fall 2018 DIS meet brewing at the moment. Wouldn't you say @roxymama @michigandergirl @sourire @CheapRunnerMike and for good measure let's throw our local resident @opusone into the mix as well... Not exclusionary of course as all are welcome to join this slowly growing thinking possibly community... maybe @GollyGadget too...
This race is definitely on my list but I don't think it'll make the cut next year. We're already planning a vacation to the Mediterranean last week of August and I don't think that will jive with peak marathon training so well.

There isn’t much #math in this, but out of the several people that I know that entered the lottery for the race this year, I don’t know anyone who did not get in. So from where I’m sitting, it’s 100% likely that you get in. :)

Same here. I don't know anyone who didn't want to get in who tried.

This race is definitely on my list but I don't think it'll make the cut next year. We're already planning a vacation to the Mediterranean last week of August and I don't think that will jive with peak marathon training so well.

Darn!

As long as we've ruled out the Bloop dismeet.

What, you're saying you don't want to meet on course 26 times. Sounds like 26x the fun to me... :D

Hmm... seems as if we might have another Fall 2018 DIS meet brewing at the moment. Wouldn't you say @roxymama @michigandergirl @sourire @CheapRunnerMike and for good measure let's throw our local resident @opusone into the mix as well... Not exclusionary of course as all are welcome to join this slowly growing thinking possibly community... maybe @GollyGadget too...

I have actually been thinking about this one too. I never thought I would even consider a non DISNEY full marathon but this one is on my radar. As a maybe.

So how many times would you likely lap me during these 26.2 miles? Annnnndddddd #math :teacher:

Screen Shot 2017-10-06 at 3.33.18 PM.png

If we assume a constant pace throughout and a 6:52 for me and 10:05 for you. And assume the Bloop is exactly a one mile loop. Then when I finish Lap 26 you will be just coming around the end of lap 18 (so on lap 17). Since we started together that means I must have passed you 8 times. Someone quick, check my math!

I have actually been thinking about this one too. I never thought I would even consider a non DISNEY full marathon but this one is on my radar. As a maybe.

Sounds like we've got another definite then.... :D

Just wanted you to know that I checked moon phases for the dates of the last 3 marathons that I found in your training journal but did not find any malevolent patterns.

I vote for Chicago for all of the reasons above.

I haven't had a chance to get on the disboards much the past while, but I just had to say congratulations on your marathon! You are a total inspiration, Billy! And I really appreciate you sharing your journey like you did. It was a great read, and I learn so much from your honesty, hard work, and perseverance!

Hey! I lurk around here and don't really post, but I've read most of this thread and found it inspiring. I see that you like making training plans, and I was wondering if you'd be willing to make one for me. I'm much slower than most folks around here- ran Princess 2017 in just under three hours. I've been running consistently since then. I'm doing Wine and Dine next month (hoping for 2:45) and I'm signed up for the Fairy Tale Challenge + 5K in 2018. I'd love a plan for the Princess races! I've just used Hal Higdon's Novice 1 thus far. I also have a pretty crazy work schedule and frequently work 80 hour-ish weeks. If you are up for this, thanks so much! If you're too busy, I appreciate you taking the time to read this much. If I should have gotten in touch in a different way, please point me in the right direction. Thanks! Just reading here has been so helpful.

I haven't had a chance to get on the disboards much the past while, but I just had to say congratulations on your marathon! You are a total inspiration, Billy! And I really appreciate you sharing your journey like you did. It was a great read, and I learn so much from your honesty, hard work, and perseverance!

Thanks, I appreciate you reading! I try to be as honest as possible to show the ups and the downs. Sometimes it's not all pixie dust and butterflies, but it just makes the victories taste that much sweeter!

Good luck to your badgers tonight! My huskers are having a rough year, but I’m hoping for a good game!

Thanks! And best of luck to your Huskers! Hoping to come out with a W, but I'm not entirely confident. The FPI predicts an 88% chance of victory, but I'd put it much closer to 60/40. Road night games are never easy and especially at Nebraska in a Black-out.

Hey! I lurk around here and don't really post, but I've read most of this thread and found it inspiring.

:welcome:

I see that you like making training plans, and I was wondering if you'd be willing to make one for me.

Absolutely!

I'm much slower than most folks around here- ran Princess 2017 in just under three hours.

Honestly, speed doesn't matter to me. You can be the slowest or the fastest and I'd be willing to help. All I care about is the desire to get better. And for the record I work with several people with HMs slower than 3 hours, so no worries.

I also have a pretty crazy work schedule and frequently work 80 hour-ish weeks.

:scared1::sad: That's intense!

If you are up for this, thanks so much! If you're too busy, I appreciate you taking the time to read this much.

I'm up for it if you are.

If I should have gotten in touch in a different way, please point me in the right direction.

Well, only one way for this to work. You'll have to come out of lurkdom and post at least nine more times! Then we can PM the details back and forth. So feel free to post 9 times in this journal about anything and everything you want to say. And GO! :D

Honestly, speed doesn't matter to me. You can be the slowest or the fastest and I'd be willing to help. All I care about is the desire to get better.
@bovie, just wanted to say that this is very true!! I was initially nervous to come out of lurker status and to ask the Badger a few questions, but I have learned that I should have just contacted him sooner!!

Thank you so much! I've been reading for well over a year, but for some reason I was super shy about posting.

I will also say that I'm amazed that you'd even consider running a race of 26 one mile loops. I struggle run loops for 3- 4 miles at a time, but I definitely have to sometimes- it's still better than the treadmill!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter