Who Here is From Texas?

Hello fellow Texans:cheer2: . I was wondering if anyone has every camped or been on the Brazos river. We are thinking about going sometime this summer before school starts. Are there any "family friendly" places???

We are looking at New Bransful (spelling?) or Fredricksburg. Any help would be appreciated :flower3:

We LOVE Fredericksburg!!! Once every few months we take a weekend trip to San Antonio and always stop there for a day. The river is very nice as well!! IMO

We are in the Fort Hood area, Kempner, Lampasas County to be exact. My DH, DS and DSIL are all in the Amry and in Iraq. We are starting to plan trip for when they all get back in June 09.
Anyone else in the Military?

My brother is on Afghanistan right now, he is in the Army.

I was just curious as to how many Texans are out there!

I know you are looking for Texans but thought I would just say hello from an ex Navy guy who spent two years stationed at Chase Naval Air Station, Beeville, Texas. That's 60 miles N.W of Corpus and 90 miles South of San Antonio. :woohoo:
Out of all you Texans, are any going to be cruising with DCL Oct. 24-31, 2009?:wave:

Chris

We are in the Fort Hood area, Kempner, Lampasas County to be exact. My DH, DS and DSIL are all in the Amry and in Iraq. We are starting to plan trip for when they all get back in June 09.
Anyone else in the Military?

:wave: Ex 10 year Navy here. Brother retired Air Force. Dad retired Navy. One uncle ex Navy and another ex army. Hope all goes well with all in Iraq. Are tey reserve, regular, guard? What are the assignments?

Chris

I know you are looking for Texans but thought I would just say hello from an ex Navy guy who spent two years stationed at Chase Naval Air Station, Beeville, Texas. That's 60 miles N.W of Corpus and 90 miles South of San Antonio. :woohoo:
Out of all you Texans, are any going to be cruising with DCL Oct. 24-31, 2009?:wave:

Chris

Though you were not born and raised here and aren't living here now, you did spend two years in our grand old state! :thumbsup2

I know exactly where Beeville is. I did not know there was a Naval Air Station there.

May I say thank you for all that you, your family, and those whose loved ones are still in the military, for all that you (and they) have done for us. I honestly don't believe that our military soldiers/personnel are told that enough.

Oh, and I forgot to say that I am soooo jealous - I would love to go on a Disney cruise!! :yay:

I was just curious as to how many Texans are out there!

Native Texan here - we live in Houston (Northshore/Channelview area)

Planning our very first trip trip to Disney May 2-9, 2009

Just wanted to say "Howdy" to all the other Texans out there. :)

Transplanted to Katy one year ago from Baton Rouge. Any cool people in Katy? I need to meet people! (I know, that sounds desperate, but I work from home, my DH and I don't have kids and are not religious, so there goes 99% of Katy social groups!). Just joined the LSU Houston alumni chapter to try to get out there more.
Leaving for WDW in two days ... May 2!

Here's another Texan, we're from College Station area, but "out in the country". We drove our first time to disney 2 years ago but we are flying this time. We will be there June 9 - 20th and we're staying offsite in a house we are sharing with my parents and my step-sister and her family. I can't believe its getting so close! I've been planning for over a year!!! I know thats really sad huh.

Here's another Texan, we're from College Station area, but "out in the country". We drove our first time to disney 2 years ago but we are flying this time. We will be there June 9 - 20th and we're staying offsite in a house we are sharing with my parents and my step-sister and her family. I can't believe its getting so close! I've been planning for over a year!!! I know thats really sad huh.

We are in College Station, too! We will be at WDW the 15-20th! Where about in "the country" are you? You can PM me if you would prefer. That is so neat that there is someone else from here going the same time as us! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter