Who has had their last day of FP+ cancelled due to making FP+ from 4pm-6:30pm with a MNSSHP ticket?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kind of agree with this. Sure, it's annoying that the communication from Disney isn't better, but what else is new? In my opinion, if the party goes from 7-12, then you shouldn't be allowed in until 7. If attendance drops, then make it 6-12. Do away with all of these "hidden" extras. Everything else we have been getting (early entry, fastpasses, etc.) has been (unofficial and undeserved) icing on the cake. I know this opinion will be unpopular, but oh well.

Unpopular is fine. But make these decisions public and official before putting the party tickets on sale.

Then as I said, you are obviously surprised at the lengths some posters will go and have gone to obtain more fast passes.

People always want more. And more. Until limits are enforced.
True. So far the only thing that sees to stop their trying is the threat of a complete lockdown to their MDE and MBs. Even the threat didn't stop some. They had to know for a fact it would happen. This is in reference to the SDFP update two months back.

Disney is very specific about the parties.
Parties start at 7pm.
There are no FPs for the party hours.

Anything other than that is a courtesy subject to change at any time. They don't have it in writing because then they would be held to it even when it's not working for whatever reason.

The party ticket really only entitles you to what the party offers from 7pm onward.

I'm glad someone finally wrote out that a party ticket is a Special Event ticket, not a Theme Park ticket.

Also, they are aware of this site and read here even if they can't comment on it.
This is the problem. Yes, the time is 7 and there are no fast passes, but in reality people did get fast passes and did get in at 4. So how do you plan? No fast passes, fine I will just look and feel like an idiot when I walk up to the fast pass line at SDMT at 4:30 on my party day when I could have been doing something else. Wait, I may or may not be able to get into the park at 4:30.

Then as I said, you are obviously surprised at the lengths some posters will go and have gone to obtain more fast passes.

People always want more. And more. Until limits are enforced.

No, I'm not surprised! I'm just saying it's not a huge loss and explained my reasoning. Others may (will) feel differently. :)

Unpopular is fine. But make these decisions public and official before putting the party tickets on sale.

So if they had publicly stated no fast passes with these tickets - would that have stopped you from attending the party?

I guess I'm not understanding how this is going to ruin the party for people. Rides closed that were normally open? I get that. Parties removed/ less characters etc - I get that too.

But you can still go on rides during the 4-7 hours, just no fast passes.

Clear as mud.
You really don't think it's clear at THIS point?

I know it was confusing the past few days.

I mean, I know there's the issue of some FPs still in the system, and some people being allowed to use theirs because of the confusion, and that the FPs will no longer be a "courtesy." I know the emails and answers from the CMs were confusing, etc. But at this point I think it's clear that Special Event Tickets aren't "entitled" to FPs since the update, and they are moving toward the system enforcing that. I think it's definitely clear they were never available during party hours of 7pm thru midnight.

I wonder what the people who know nothing of this site are experiencing...

Clear as mud.
Actually, it is seems pretty clear.

From the email, "Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party is a Special Event Ticket it is not a Theme Park Ticket. You will not be able to make Fastpass+® selections with a Special Event Ticket. During Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party there are specific attractions open and the park is not at General Park Admission Capacity."

That seems pretty clear to me that the Special Event Tickets for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party are not eligible for fastpass+ selections.

Of course people will try to make them. And some people might end up with their MDE accounts locked. But I guess that's the cost of doing business.

This is the problem. Yes, the time is 7 and there are no fast passes, but in reality people did get fast passes and did get in at 4. So how do you plan? No fast passes, fine I will just look and feel like an idiot when I walk up to the fast pass line at SDMT at 4:30 on my party day when I could have been doing something else. Wait, I may or may not be able to get into the park at 4:30.

I agree with you about this. This year is definitely different as far as what to expect. I'm not defending Disney on how they are handling it.

But so far party guests (at least those who visit this site) do know not to expect to be entitled to get in at 4pm, or have 3 FPs. Hopefully way before the parties actually start people will know exactly what to expect.

In addition, they've added the "extra magic hour" from 6-7 where party goers can ride the rides so technically they've already said they're allowing party guests in by 6. Guess we'll see if this causes chaos as day guests are leaving.
I guess I'm not sure what you are referring to.
Also it has always been that once you are in you can ride the rides so that is nothing new.

Actually, it is seems pretty clear.

From the email, "Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party is a Special Event Ticket it is not a Theme Park Ticket. You will not be able to make Fastpass+® selections with a Special Event Ticket. During Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party there are specific attractions open and the park is not at General Park Admission Capacity."

That seems pretty clear to me that the Special Event Tickets for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party are not eligible for fastpass+ selections.

Of course people will try to make them. And some people might end up with their MDE accounts locked. But I guess that's the cost of doing business.

If all email replies said that, you would have a point. They don't. Some say it's OK. Some say it is OK with certain restrictions. Others say it isn't like this response. They are just not consistent.

So if they had publicly stated no fast passes with these tickets - would that have stopped you from attending the party?

I guess I'm not understanding how this is going to ruin the party for people. Rides closed that were normally open? I get that. Parties removed/ less characters etc - I get that too.

But you can still go on rides during the 4-7 hours, just no fast passes.

Me? Probably will still go. But I can see how in some cases someone might choose to do an extra park day rather than a party ticket if FP+ is removed.

Just one more comment on the 4 PM entry with party (i.e., "Special Event" tickets).

The 4 PM entry is the default entry time. It is offered as a courtesy because WDW has found it allows them to better manage the arrival of the crowds entering for the party by spreading out their entrance times into the MK over a longer period. But it is offered with the caveat "based on capacity", which means that, in theory, they could choose to be restrict entrance to the MK for party ticket holders to a later time (but not later than 7 PM) if they felt that that would allow them to better manage the crowds in the park.

In practice, party days tend to be less crowded at the MK given the shorter operating hours, which makes it far less likely that the capacity at the MK on a party day would ever cause WDW to restrict entrance to the MK for party ticket holders to a time later than 4 PM.
Plus, hard ticket parties are only offered in times of the year they expect crowds to be lower anyway. There is no chance of the park reaching capacity on those days anyway. It just seems silly for them to use that language at all.

You really don't think it's clear at THIS point?

I know it was confusing the past few days.

I mean, I know there's the issue of some FPs still in the system, and some people being allowed to use theirs because of the confusion, and that the FPs will no longer be a "courtesy." I know the emails and answers from the CMs were confusing, etc. But at this point I think it's clear that Special Event Tickets aren't "entitled" to FPs since the update, and they are moving toward the system enforcing that. I think it's definitely clear they were never available during party hours of 7pm thru midnight.

I wonder what the people who know nothing of this site are experiencing...
I think this one private email was clear. But publicly? Disney has not been at all clear. And since most people are not on the DIS, most people are not clear on this.

I'm guessing at this point Disney is not able to prevent people from scheduling with a party ticket. Or they would have by now if that was their intention. Instead, they are hoping a few bad stories will leak out online and discourage others from doing it.

I think this one private email was clear. But publicly? Disney has not been at all clear. And since most people are not on the DIS, most people are not clear on this.

I'm guessing at this point Disney is not able to prevent people from scheduling with a party ticket. Or they would have by now if that was their intention. Instead, they are hoping a few bad stories will leak out online and discourage others from doing it.
True, but at the same time I'm not sure most party guests who aren't on DIS are aware they could have done FPs before 7pm and entered at 4pm. Unfortunately, since they don't come here we really can't know.

Plus party guests are getting emails stating they have too many FPs and/or their FPs are just being removed, so it's more than just online leaks. They till may contact Disney to inquire. I think more CMs are being advised on the proper response as the days go on and more people inquire.

I emailed someone in eCommerce Sales about how some party guests' FPs are being deleted, while others' FPs aren't, and they told me this:

"The system is deleting their selection because that ticket is not meant for FastPass+ selections."

"Some people coming for that party won't even get the chance to to do FastPass+ from 4:00 to 6:30. The system is not meant to give them out for that."

I emailed someone in eCommerce Sales about how some party guests' FPs are being deleted, while others' FPs aren't, and they told me this:

"The system is deleting their selection because that ticket is not meant for FastPass+ selections."

"Some people coming for that party won't even get the chance to to do FastPass+ from 4:00 to 6:30. The system is not meant to give them out for that."
Could you ask why the last day is being deleted instead of the party day FP+?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter