Who has had their last day of FP+ cancelled due to making FP+ from 4pm-6:30pm with a MNSSHP ticket?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think someone already said the system didn't differentiate between the tickets at the time the FPs were booked. That's why it allowed the FPs to be booked. Now it does differentiate, but the FPs were already in there. Now it just seems to know something shouldn't be in there, but since it was probably the old coding that allowed it, the new coding doesn't automatically pick up what the issue is.

At this point I don't think the Whys matter. It is what it is... Ugh, I hate that saying. This is the first time in my life that I used it. It really seems to apply here. LOL.

Correct, the system is not smart enough to know your intent. Way back when, in high school, during Computing Concepts, our teacher always told us "The computer is not smart, it only knows what you've told it." So, for those not lucky enough to have that wisdom imparted on them, I'm reminding folks even though we have lots of predictive analytics, big data, and so on, this seems to be fairly simple. It sees a 6 day ticket, and 7 days worth of fastpasses.

I suspect the software process around reserving, maintaining, and redeeming FP+ are operating separately. There's something there allowing the special event ticket to book them but it prevents users (some but not all) from maintaining them after a certain point. Therefore when this process is working, it's not "arbitrary" at all. It just sees 6+1, from our example earlier. It automatically alerts the user account flagged that the +1, or in our scenario earlier the last day of FP+, that those FP+ will be removed. It does not know you intend to use the party ticket. All it knows is the classifcation of tickets allowed to keep FP+.

Some of this could be due to bringing the processes more in line, getting them integrated, or as some say, talking to one another. I know nothing of their set up so these are all just guesses. I'm somewhat familiar with multi-platform process integration and can imagine how it's supposed to be set up from the technical standpoint.

Correct, the system is not smart enough to know your intent. Way back when, in high school, during Computing Concepts, our teacher always told us "The computer is not smart, it only knows what you've told it." So, for those not lucky enough to have that wisdom imparted on them, I'm reminding folks even though we have lots of predictive analytics, big data, and so on, this seems to be fairly simple. It sees a 6 day ticket, and 7 days worth of fastpasses.

I suspect the software process around reserving, maintaining, and redeeming FP+ are operating separately. There's something there allowing the special event ticket to book them but it prevents users (some but not all) from maintaining them after a certain point. Therefore when this process is working, it's not "arbitrary" at all. It just sees 6+1, from our example earlier. It automatically alerts the user account flagged that the +1, or in our scenario earlier the last day of FP+, that those FP+ will be removed. It does not know you intend to use the party ticket. All it knows is the classifcation of tickets allowed to keep FP+.

Some of this could be due to bringing the processes more in line, getting them integrated, or as some say, talking to one another. I know nothing of their set up so these are all just guesses. I'm somewhat familiar with multi-platform process integration and can imagine how it's supposed to be set up from the technical standpoint.
Honestly, it just sounds like a system shortfall to me. Just like the system shortfall that allowed people to make and redeem FPs on tickets not used to enter the park. And it seems like Disney is trying to intimidate people into not doing things the system still allows them to do rather than finding a way to get the system to not allow it to happen at all.

Sounds pretty nutty to me. But not at all shocking considering Disney's reputation for IT systems.

To those of you who have your MYW tickets and Party tickets in the same MDE, and have had your FPs deleted by Disney, or have deleted them yourself due to an email, we ask: Can you NOW try to add a day of FPs to your MDE? Does the system stop you? If so, what message do you receive?

I'm not quite in that category because I've always planned to use both a MYW ticket day and the party ticket on the same day. I have 8-Day Hoppers + MNSSHP tickets. I currently have 8 days' worth of FastPasses scheduled (including pre-party at MK). I just went to see if I could make FPs for an additional day (departure day) and the message said that I was already at my limit. But my situation isn't exactly what you are asking about.

I'm not quite in that category because I've always planned to use both a MYW ticket day and the party ticket on the same day. I have 8-Day Hoppers + MNSSHP tickets. I currently have 8 days' worth of FastPasses scheduled (including pre-party at MK). I just went to see if I could make FPs for an additional day (departure day) and the message said that I was already at my limit. But my situation isn't exactly what you are asking about.
Thanks!

I guess technically you're not in the situation I asked about (or is it that you TECHnically are?), but I think it's basically the same thing. Wanting to add one more day of FPs than days your MYW ticket is for, with a party ticket also in the same MDE. I guess I shouldn't have bothered asking about the deleted FPs either because it doesn't really matter.

I think your experience answers the question, because the MDE system has no idea what your intention is, just that you can't do it. Which is what we wanted to know. THANK YOU.

Honestly, it just sounds like a system shortfall to me. Just like the system shortfall that allowed people to make and redeem FPs on tickets not used to enter the park. And it seems like Disney is trying to intimidate people into not doing things the system still allows them to do rather than finding a way to get the system to not allow it to happen at all.

Sounds pretty nutty to me. But not at all shocking considering Disney's reputation for IT systems.

Oh that bolded part is so true. I think it could've come from two things: One, too difficult, time consuming, and/or expensive to fix. or Two, whoever was in charge didn't see it as a priority and someone else took over and was like "we could make X% more per year if we fixed this!" Maybe a combination of both.

As for the underlined, I don't know if I would go so far as intimidate, but perhaps they want to track and discourage abuse of the system. So if I were to go in and not give a blank and use the old loopholes and get caught, i'd have to speak to someone in person about getting my account unlocked. They could then use that moment to educate or remind me of the terms of service. If I continue to break the rules, then perhaps they might take further action, to whatever is defined in the TOS.

I'm not sure if people here have a lot of experience in the software industry but there's tons of these issues all over the place due to old architecture and outdated standards still in place, often as the base level. It's all a lot more complicated than people realize. I'm not trying to excuse them but it's not that uncommon. A friend of mine worked for Fed Ex, on their website, and he often described similar problems to this and what I'm used to working around. It is bad customer service but often it's not worth the money or downtime to completely revamp.

To those of you who have your MYW tickets and Party tickets in the same MDE, and have had your FPs deleted by Disney, or have deleted them yourself due to an email, we ask: Can you NOW try to add a day of FPs to your MDE? Does the system stop you? If so, what message do you receive?

So I got the email, went in and deleted my FP+ for the party day so I wouldn't lose my FP+ for my last park day. I waited a day and then was able to add the FP+ back. I will be staying 9-9 to 9-16 and have 5 day tickets. So yes, even after I got the email I was still able to go in and add FP+ for my party day.

Right now I am playing the wait and see game. Will I get another email stating that I have too many FP+? Will they just go in and delete my last day of FP+? If there are reports of people getting their MDE account locked, I will delete the FP+ for my party date.

So I got the email, went in and deleted my FP+ for the party day so I wouldn't lose my FP+ for my last park day. I waited a day and then was able to add the FP+ back. I will be staying 9-9 to 9-16 and have 5 day tickets. So yes, even after I got the email I was still able to go in and add FP+ for my party day.

Right now I am playing the wait and see game. Will I get another email stating that I have too many FP+? Will they just go in and delete my last day of FP+? If there are reports of people getting their MDE account locked, I will delete the FP+ for my party date.

This is a better scenario, but I have a key question.

Had the "delete by" date from your email passed when you added back the FP+'s for your MNSSHP tickets?

Obviously I'm guessing, but since your account was flagged you may not get another email and the last day's FPs may just get deleted.

I have not seen any reports from anyone that had their account locked from the last FP update go-around, just threats about it possibly happening. It's possible I missed something.

Obviously I'm guessing, but since your account was flagged you may not get another email and the last day's FPs may just get deleted.

I have not seen any reports from anyone that had their account locked from the last FP update go-around, just threats about it possibly happening. It's possible I missed something.

It's a cross between "that's not allowed to be discussed" and "who would post on social media that they had broken rules and gotten punished". As far as the second part goes, at least somebody would by now.

Had the "delete by" date from your email passed when you added back the FP+'s for your MNSSHP tickets?

I received the email 8/1 and it stated they are subject to cancellation on 8/2. I deleted on 8/1 and added them back on late in the day on 8/2. As of right now, all of my FP+ are still listed.

I'm also thinking this could happen, and if it does I'll delete the party FP+ and add back some for my last park day.

We may not know if any accounts are locked until the first batch of party dates have passed.

I received the email 8/1 and it stated they are subject to cancellation on 8/2. I deleted on 8/1 and added them back on late in the day on 8/2. As of right now, all of my FP+ are still listed.

I'm also thinking this could happen, and if it does I'll delete the party FP+ and add back some for my last park day.

That's good, good luck!

We may not know if any accounts are locked until the first batch of party dates have passed.

That is true. I was referring to the last FP update that made it so the FP had to be associated to a ticket used for admission or the account would be flagged and locked. I haven't seen any first hand reports of that happening.

This morning was my fastpass day, we are staying 9 nights, we have 6 day hoppers plus party tickets on the account tied to each person. I made my 6 days worth of passes (got FOP for my first choice woooohooo), then went to make for the party day and it would not allow as we have reached our max entitlements.

Wait - So people are getting the email that says you can't do it and your fast passes will be voided, deleting their fast passes, and then knowing it's now allowed are now going back in and rebooking them using the same party ticket??? Why? Just because you can? :rolleyes:

Watch - next year no one is allowed in before 7 so there can be no sneaking around the fast pass issue.

Wait - So people are getting the email that says you can't do it and your fast passes will be voided, deleting their fast passes, and then knowing it's now allowed are now going back in and rebooking them using the same party ticket??? Why? Just because you can? :rolleyes:

Watch - next year no one is allowed in before 7 so there can be no sneaking around the fast pass issue.

It sounds like they are doing a controlled roll out. Again, guessing, but I think they deleted the last day FP without notifications by mistake and now have phase one email followed by a phase 2 purge.

I actually don't think this would be a tough thing to do, but who knows.

I actually think its pretty clear.

I did. I called and they said technically you're suppose to be able to reserve FP if you have a party ticket only for that day. She said sometimes the system lets and sometimes it doesn't. But she rescheduled them for me and let me keep my party FP too.

I mean. No confusion here. We CMs are all on the same page.o_O

Oh that bolded part is so true. I think it could've come from two things: One, too difficult, time consuming, and/or expensive to fix. or Two, whoever was in charge didn't see it as a priority and someone else took over and was like "we could make X% more per year if we fixed this!" Maybe a combination of both.

As for the underlined, I don't know if I would go so far as intimidate, but perhaps they want to track and discourage abuse of the system. So if I were to go in and not give a blank and use the old loopholes and get caught, i'd have to speak to someone in person about getting my account unlocked. They could then use that moment to educate or remind me of the terms of service. If I continue to break the rules, then perhaps they might take further action, to whatever is defined in the TOS.

I'm not sure if people here have a lot of experience in the software industry but there's tons of these issues all over the place due to old architecture and outdated standards still in place, often as the base level. It's all a lot more complicated than people realize. I'm not trying to excuse them but it's not that uncommon. A friend of mine worked for Fed Ex, on their website, and he often described similar problems to this and what I'm used to working around. It is bad customer service but often it's not worth the money or downtime to completely revamp.

Part of the problem is people are always finding ways to circumvent the system. Their reasoning is if the system ALLOWS you to do it they're doing it!

There's no way anyone legitimately BELIEVED that using old tickets or MBs to get extra FPs was what Disney intended. Nothing they say will convince me otherwise. The fact that Disney finally updated the system to stop the abuse proves that it wasn't their intention.

There's no way anyone legitimately BELIEVES booking a Disney campsite for one night and book offsite for the rest of their stay to get ten days worth of FPs is what Disney intended. Especially since they don't even STAY at the campsite for the one night. Disney hasn't been able to stop it, but that doesn't mean it's their intention. It's just harder for them to prevent it. (I'm not talking about genuine split stays.)

The attitude that "If Disney's system allows it, then we should do it," or "If Disney didn't want us to do it then they would make it so that the system doesn't allow it" doesn't cut it.

As for the party FPs, some people are aware each guest is only entitled to 3 advance FPs per day, no matter how many tickets they have each day. Some are creating separate MDE accounts to keep their party tickets separate, so they have 6 FPs per day. (I'm not talking about people who ONLY have party tickets.) The system seems to be allowing it. Doesn't make it right. Disney has clearly stated 3 advance FPs per person per day.

Now it seems that having only party tickets with FPs in MDE may go the route of not being eligible for FPs at all. (Since Disney is clearly stating only Theme Park Tickets are entitled to FPs.) Maybe if people weren't trying to secure 6 FPs for one day Disney would have let guests who TRULY only had party tickets that day still book advance FPs and use them. But once again, those trying to get around the TOS could possibly be ruining it for others. (Disney has definitely been making updates to the system to prevent FP abuse.)

I do realize that Disney HAS allowed FPs for the parties in the past. I'm NOT saying that anyone still trying to get FPs for their party tickets are trying to circumvent the system. I do realize that this time of transition is a mess. Some people are still trying to get FPs for their party tickets now, even knowing Disney is now moving toward letting people know it will no longer be the case. I'm NOT condemning them for that since Disney is still saying that SOME party guests will be still getting FPs with their party tickets. THAT is just RIDICULOUS. Since there's nothing telling us what the criteria is to be eligible for party FPs I can see still trying to be one of those guests, however you have to do it, until it is made clear what the criteria is.

Hopefully the system resolves all party ticket issues before the 2017 parties. If not, it should definitely be done before 2018 parties.

I think this one's a sticky one. Disney IS saying that SOME people can use party FPs. Everyone wants to be part of that group. Until it's no one, who's really to say you haven't "been chosen." Although having them deleted does kind of tell you you're not that someone... What a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter